2013 TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS BRANDON TEAMS
Hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready for the new year of hockey. I am sending you a pile of information regarding our upcoming Tournament of Champions so hope you have time to look at all the attached files. This information, for the most part is all on our website: www.
1. Wheat King Tickets: I am still awaiting information from the Wheat Kings regarding team ticket packages as there are games Friday and Saturday nights of both tournament weekends. Information will go up on the website as soon as I get something concrete.
2. TC Room: The huge room that has been set up for your enjoyment has tons of activities and displays (all free) including the pancake breakfast on Saturday mornings. There is a complete listing of what is in the room as an attachment.
3. Upon Arrival: Our tournament office is located on the east side of the Keystone Complex. It is the entrance to the Curling Club as well as the Optimist and Kinsmen Rinks. The office is just inside the outside doors on your left. We ask that a team representative come to the office upon arrival prior to your first game. If you have trouble finding us just ask one of our many volunteers around the venues.
4. SASK. & ONT. Teams: Could you please send me your official branch rosters as soon as possible. We are able to get all the Manitoba Teams official rosters but must have the out of province ones as soon as you can send them.
5. LOGO - I have been able to download some of your team logos for our webpage (team lineups) but others cannot seem to find. If yours is not up on the site under your team could you please send them to me.
6. LINUPS: All the lineups that have been sent to me are now up on the site under DRAW and then your particular category. Please check this to ensure there are no mistakes and that you are in the right category etc.
7. 50/50: We will be selling 50/50 tickets at the tournament with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society. (see attachment)
8. Admission: There is free admission for everyone at the tournament.
9. Programs: Programs will be available for a nominal cost. ($2.00)
10. Rivers Games: In our efforts to try and reduce the cost to teams in hotel rooms we have taken many original games that were scheduled from Thursday into Friday – Sunday. In order to do this two games had to be moved to Rivers Arena. This is a brand new great facility and is located 25 minutes northwest of Brandon.
11. Tounament Rules: Please take time to look over the rules and if you have any questions let me know. (attached)
12. Players of the Game: There will be one player from each team (picked by their coach) named player of the game after each of the round robin games only. There will not be players of the game for the playoff round.
13. Meals: There will be meals available at the TC Centre over the weekends. Teams can also order team meals if they want. (info on website and see attachment)
14. Free WiFi: Will be available in the TC Room both weekends. All game results and individual stats will also be available from our website as well as displayed in the TC Room monitors throughout the weekend. Results will also be posted on the wall outside the TC Room.
15. Finals: The championship games in all categories will all be main arena. The game will be simulcast live on the 4 sided score clocks television screens as well as highlights between periods. There will be DVD availability with play by play available for all of these championship games.
Bantam Draw: The draw will be up shortly. We are still looking for one more team - possibly 2. Pass the word around if you know of any teams that may be interested.
That’s about all for now. I hope this information has been helpful to you. If you have any questions please let me know. For those teams that have not filled in their roster sheet (excel file) Please do so and get them sent in right away.
Greg Thompson, Brandon Tournament of Champions